Friday, February 02, 2007

Reading Update

Books I've read so far this year:
John Bunyan: God's Tinker by Robert Rosio
Overcoming Barriers to Growth by Michael Fletcher
The Myth of the 200 Barrier by Kevin Martin

Books I'm currently reading:

Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners by John Bunyan
Singing to the Lord by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Above All Earthly Pow'rs by David Wells
Simple Church by Thom Rainer and Eric Geiger
The Bruised Reed by Richard Sibbes
New Perspectives on Breaking the 200 Barrier by Bill Sullivan

3 Comments:

At 3.2.07, Blogger Pastor Klay said...

Grace abounding - I couldn't put it down til I got through it all. What misery! By God's grace, this should NOT be the normative experience!

Bruised Reed - on my "to read" shelf now.

As I just started a series of preaching through the Decalogue, I've been reading a lot of books on Law, Grace, etc.

What is the "Simple Church"? They were really pushing the conferences here in Florida.

I like the post! I may do something like this next week some time.

 
At 3.2.07, Blogger Brett said...

I agree. I think it was Piper that pointed out how hard it is to pinpoint his conversion. He keeps speeking like he's converted then speaks again as if he's getting converted.

Bruised Reed is a good read.

The Simple Church is surely the book that the conferences you referred to is based upon or vice versa. Anyway, it's a decent book, basically the title is the message of the book. Don't let your church get weighted down by taking on too much, keep your vision simple, etc. A good reminder to us all.

Thanks, Klay, for stopping by. Come back often!

 
At 8.2.07, Blogger jc said...

Bro,
I saw your comment on Justin Taylor's blog, Between Two Worlds (http://theologica.blogspot.com/2006/11/meet-puritans.html). I have one question. Could you please tell me the dimensions and weight of this massive book?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home