Friday, July 15, 2005

Reflecting on the Summer of '94


11 years ago today I was stung on the back of the neck by a Wasp in rural Oklahoma. I passed out about a minute later and my whole body started swelling up. If it wasn't for the quick response of some Godly women to put a couple bags of ice around my neck, I might not be here today. To keep my immunity built up, I get six shots of venom every month. The greatest protection, however, is to avoid wasps and bees and keep my epi-pen with me at all times. Ah, the summer of '94! In addition to the wasp sting incident, in May my Grandfather died, in late July I was at the Ballpark in Arlington witnessing Kenny Rogers throw a perfect game, in early August I began my first pastorate, and in late August I met my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home