Friday, May 26, 2006

Food Friday #3 - Best Mexican


Growing up in the Midwest, about the only Mexican food I was exposed to was an occasional taco served up by Mom at home.

Then Taco Bell came to Carbondale and my Mexican food experience expanded slightly.

THEN I move to West Texas...Odessa to be specific. Mexican food quickly became a regular part of my diet and a wonderful addition.

Restuarants in Odessa that I liked were La Bodega, Casa Ole, and Rosa's Cafe.

Later, living in Fort Worth, my favorites were La Fiesta, Joe T Garcia's (pictured above), and Mercado Juarez.

Now, locally, the best I've found is La Nopalera.

But Texas had the most choices and the best of all the places I've lived.

3 Comments:

At 26.5.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don Pablo's - What about Don Pablos?

 
At 27.5.06, Blogger Brett said...

It's pretty good.

 
At 28.5.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Brett! Really liked your choices. For Texas however, I must add what became my favorite in my last three visits to the Lone Star State - Tia's. They have several in the Metroplex and their chips and salsa are the absolute best and pretty much everything on their menu is tasty. The atmosphere is also a pure delight.
Here in the Midwest, the only chains that I find good are Don Pablo's, like Mark mentioned, and Chevy's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home