Monday, October 02, 2006

Sam Storms on the Power of Praise

I made a discovery about worship that I believe is found repeatedly in Scripture. Unfortunately, whereas I read it, I never experienced the reality of it. I'm referring to the outpouring of divine power during times of praise. When God's people exalt and enjoy him, he releases his power to heal them, to encourage them, and to enlighten them, among other things, in a way that is somewhat unique. When God's people worship, he goes to war on their behalf (2 Chronicles 20). When God people worship, he enthrones himself in their midst (Psalm 22.3) When God's people worship, he speaks to them and guides them (Acts 13.1-3). When God's people worship, he delivers them from their troubles or comforts and sustains them in the midst of hardship (Acts 16.19-40).

- from Convergence, p. 44

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home