Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Who is John Roberts?

Apparently a very nice guy. The type of guy you cannot help but like. A very non-controversial guy. A safe pick by Bush.

That's the part that scares me. Is he really conservative as many say? Or is he going to be a moderate? The more bitter the fight for his confirmation, probably the better a justice he will be. If the Dems don't put up much of a fight, I'll be very concerned that he is too moderate. It will be interesting to watch this confirmation process play out.

3 Comments:

At 26.7.05, Blogger Unknown said...

Is it just me or is everyone looking to see how everone else is reacting. The liberals say "He can't be very good, conservatives like him." Then the conservatives turn around and fret, "He can't be that good, the liberals aren't putting up much of a fight." It seems like no one really knows how to react. It's like a bunch of tourists looking at an abstract painting waiting for what other people will say so they can respond.

 
At 26.7.05, Blogger Brett said...

Joel,

Great point. Reminds me of what I heard a pastor say one time, "If you want to know where to stand on an issue, look to see where Ted Kennedy is and take the opposing view."

I love the abstract painting illustration!

 
At 27.7.05, Blogger Denny Burk said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You are right. I'm not totally secure in this nomination yet. But I'm just hoping the Pres. knows something we don't.

Thanks,
Denny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home