Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Absolutely!



Anyone else notice the increased usage of the word 'absolutely' in our culture? It is to the point that I cannot even get through a day without hearing someone use it, or using it myself!

I find it extremely ironic that this word is being used so freely in a culture that is in the process of rejecting it's meaning. Could it be that as so many moral absolutes are being thrown to the wind, people are subconsciously using the word because deep down they so desire to believe that some things are absolutely true?

Of course I may be getting too philosophical and it could just be nothing more than a fad that the word is being used so often. Kind of like "cool" in the 1970s and "awesome" in the 1980s.

Do I believe that there is such a thing as absolute truth? Absolutely! Here a few absolutes that I embrace: The Bible is true. God is. God is good. God is holy. God is all-powerful. God makes no mistakes. Jesus is God. Heaven and hell are real places. Everyone is going to go to either heaven or hell. God will judge all people. Jesus lived a perfect life. Jesus died on the cross to save sinners. I am a sinner. Christ alone is my salvation.

Those are absolutely true. You can bank on it. No doubt about it. Guaranteed. Absolutely.

1 Comments:

At 5.9.05, Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely is almost as prevalent as the word "awesome." I get so tired of everyting being "awesome" when most of what is awesome is really mundane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home