Sunday, December 04, 2005

BCS Breathes Sigh of Relief

Well, the BCS avoids another year of controversy as #1 USC and #2 Texas both dominate in their final games of the season. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought USC was the best team in the country. But for the past couple of weeks I've been thinking that Texas is probably going to run away with the game. I hope I'm wrong. I've never been a tu fan.

The disapointment of the year was my team, the UT Vols. People ask me what happened. I say four things: (1) Overrated from the beginning. I felt that they were a top 15 team at best, yet nearly everyone had them in the pre-season top 5. (2) No clear leadership, at quarterback or on either side of the ball. (3) No chemistry. Great teams usually have players who like each other on and off the field. Though hard to gauge from watching TV, it seemed these guys didn't seem to care much about each other. Maybe they were all just in a bad mood because of their losing ways. (4) Apathy. The high expectations came crashing down after an early loss to Florida, and they never recovered. Except for an exciting comeback in Baton Rouge against LSU, this season stink...stank...stunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home