Monday, April 03, 2006

Florida Gators Win First National Title in Men's Hoops

Donovan did it. He built a national title program. A very convincing tournament run, the Gators deserve to be #1.

CBS's coverage of the tournament was mediocre. Clark Kellogg was insightful, but Billy Packer ruined it for me early with his slamming on the MVC. Yeah, I'm a little bitter.

And I don't know who decides on what camera shot should be selected, but I can't stand the way they pick out one player and ALWAYS zoom in on him. This year's victim was Joakim Noah. Come on, there are some other players on this Gator team.

They say that Billy Graham's star shone much brighter after William Randolph Hearst directed his newspapers to "puff Graham" back in 1949. Someone at CBS is telling the cameramen, "Puff Noah."

Well, enough griping. Time to shut down the computer and watch this year's version of "One Shining Moment." Yawn.

1 Comments:

At 4.4.06, Blogger Tommy said...

So, is it over now? The Final Snore, I mean the Final Four? A great tournament until Indy then one blowout after another. That's great as long as it's your team on the upside.

I never liked Packer. He's the Joe Morgan of college basketball. Give me Dickie V, baby!! Or Dick Enberg. Oh my!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home