Monday, August 28, 2006

My Fantasy Teams

Finished the draft last night for my second football fantasy team (Team B, "Blue Rondos"). This second team is what I call my "high risk" team. Just look at the line-up. Aside from struggling a little bit with the slow wireless hookup, the draft went pretty good. In both drafts I was in the bottom half of the draft order, next to last for Team A ("He Hate We"). So, I don't expect to do real well, but we'll have some fum with it.

Team A "He Hate We"
QBs - Eli Manning, Byron Leftwich
RBs - Ronnie Brown, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, DeAngelo Williams
WRs - Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Derrick Mason, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd
TEs - Heath Miller, Vernon Davis
K - Nate Kaeding
D - Jacksonville

He Hate We has some potential and some possible sleepers. DeAngelo Williams has drawn some comparisons to Barry Sanders, but his body has taken more punishment through his college days.

Team B "Blue Rondos"
QBs - Tom Brady, Doug Johnson, Chris Simms
RBs - Clinton Portis, Brian Westbrook, Fred Taylor, Lee Suggs
WRs - Terrell Owens, Keyshawn Johnson, T. J. Houshmandzadeh,
TEs - Jason Witten, Ben Troupe
K - John Kasay
D - Chicago, Philadelphia

The Blue Rondos have the biggest mouths to line up wide to the right or the left in the NFL today. This team also has a lot of injury-prone but explosive power. This is why I call it my high risk team.

9 Comments:

At 28.8.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You shouldn't have taken my Bears--you will pay!!!

On my jersey for basketball this season at church I think I'm gonna get "He Love Me"

 
At 30.8.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe you sold out by taking T.O.

Sept 10 - Eli vs. Peyton - wonder who you'll be rooting for?

 
At 30.8.06, Blogger Brett said...

Tom,

Notice I didn't take TO early in the draft, but when that kind of point potential is still hanging out there... I mean, I'm playing to win you know!

Re. Eli vs. Peyton...no brainer...I don't care who wins as long as Eli has a big statistical game for my fantasy team...after all, it's all about me, baby!

 
At 31.8.06, Blogger Matthew Westerholm said...

"he love me"? I'm going to be laughing about that all day.

 
At 31.8.06, Blogger Brett said...

Matthew,

Look for the "He Love Me" jersey at Harvest, because Zoner goes to your church.

 
At 31.8.06, Blogger Brett said...

Matthew,

Maybe you already knew that, but at a church the size of Harvest, I can't assume the two of you know one another personally.

 
At 31.8.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew has probably met me--I spent some time a couple of years ago working as a director/technical director for the video portion of the worship service.

But I'm not a very memorable guy.

It's a privilege to listen to Matthew and our worship team each week--they are incredible.

Brett you should pick up some of their CDs at http://harvestsongs.com/

 
At 31.8.06, Blogger Gordon said...

Brett, I have to say that for the most part, I have to root against the Blue Rondos.

Nothing personal, you understand.

 
At 1.9.06, Blogger Brett said...

Gordon, I would expect nothing less! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home