Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Game for the Ages

Against my better judgment (at least that's what I was thinking at the time), I stayed up last night for the conclusion of the Fiesta Bowl featuring traditional powerhouse Oklahoma and "We were a junior college just a few years ago and all we've been known for up to this point is playing on a blue field" Boise State.

What a thriller!

Eating crow this morning are Dennis Franchione, Steve Spurrier, and Joe Tiller, who in the final polls ranked Boise State/Oklahoma respectively: #16/#9, #13/#4, and #15/#6. Kudos to Larry Blakeney of Troy, who ranked the put the Broncos in the #5 slot on his final ballot.

2 Comments:

At 2.1.07, Blogger Southern Girl said...

Great minds think alike! Your title is exactly what I titled my post about this thrilling, unbelieveable game. I still can't get over what I saw last night. I hope ESPN Classic shows it again before too long so I can record it.

 
At 2.1.07, Blogger Brett said...

I'm with you. I've watched the highlights probably 8 times today just to make sure it really happened. It's got to be an instant ESPN classic, except it was on Fox!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home