Monday, July 25, 2005

7 STRAIGHT

I watched Saturday as Lance Armstrong outpaced all competitors in what proved to be a very exciting time trial. It was actually the first stage that Lance won in this year's tour even though he had the overall lead. His ride into Paris Sunday morning was, for all practical purposes, a victory lap. I have been one of the holdouts to jump on the "Lance is awesome!" bandwagon, but as I watched this weekend, my hesitations were melting away. I grant that this sport may not require as much skill as many other professional sports, but how many of us can cover that many miles on a bike in that little time and then go out and do it again the next day? Although I would never want to apply the label to awesome to anyone other than our God, I must say this guy is a remarkable athlete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home