Monday, March 06, 2006

Salukis Pull It Together for Title


Just when I thought the Salukis were about to self-implode, they overcame their problems and pulled together for strong tournament showing, surprising more than a few pundits in their march to the MVC title and automatic bid for the Dance.

As I watched on CBS, what really impressed me with this year's Saluki club is their depth at guard. If they can play with that kind of intensity in the NCAAs and not get paired up with a team that has a really strong interior game, expect the Salukis to at least win one.

Go Dawgs!

1 Comments:

At 9.3.06, Blogger Carolina said...

Of course, I'm keeping up my hopes for the NCAAs -- but tournament play usually favors offensive teams.

Contrary to the conventional belief that defense wins games -- it does -- but the fact is at this level, EVERYONE plays great D.

I love the fact the gritty, gutsy Salukis are winning ugly. (Man, they dismantled Bradley in the second half). But SIU has got to find a way to score or it will be a short weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home