Monday, July 17, 2006

States I've Visited

I remember somewhere that many of the boys that went to Europe or to the Pacific to fight World War II had never even left their home county before they left home for the war. That's right - county - not country. Times sure have changed. I remember eating in a restuarant in Long Beach, California five years ago and meeting a waitress who, upon finding out we were from Florida, told us that she had never left California in her entire life. I thought that to be extremely unusual for someone in the early 20s. I've been to 27 states so far, most of which I had visited by the time I was in my early 20s. Wisconsin sticks out like a sore thumb, so next time I'm in Chicago, I need to make a short run to the state line.



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home