Monday, September 04, 2006

Goodbye Croc Hunter

Steve Irwin died earlier today off the coast of Queensland when he was mortally wounded by a stingray.

Here is a portion of the transcript when he was with Larry King a few years ago:

KING: Yeah, don't you ever worry that -- the danger you both live. I mean, as you said, they -- you never can tell.

S. IRWIN: Mate, I don't have a morbid fear of death or dying. I really don't, you know. I had a tragedy, breaks my heart to talk about it but there's no use hiding. My mom was killed last year in a tragic road accident. I was born on her birthday.

KING: Oh, she didn't die of natural causes?

S. IRWIN: No, mate, she didn't. And, she was torn from our family. I was born on her birthday. We had an umbilical cord connected to each other our whole lives. We were so close, so very close, so in my death I will get back to her, you know. I sincerely believe that. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that Bindi...

KING: Your daughter.

S. IRWIN: Yes, she won't have a daddy, and -- that kind of worries me a little. I'll try hard.

source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0106/13/lkl.00.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home