Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Candidates...On the Most Important Question

3 Candidates for an Elected Office Were Recently Interviewed. One is Southern Baptist, one is United Methodist, and one is Roman Catholic. They were asked how that they would make it into heaven. See if you can match their responses with each candidate:

a) "Because I believe in Christ, I believe in You, and I've led a good life and I've done unto others as I would want to be treated. I followed the precepts fo the Bible and I have worked hard to be a good Christian and a man of faith."

b) "I am totally unworthy of going to Heaven. And I believe that if it wasn't for Jesus coming to earth and giving up His life and by that earning those of us that believe the ability to go to Heaven, there'd be no chance. And so, I don't think that I can earn my way into it. Nor do I deserve it if I did everything right."

c) "That's a scary question for all of us because I think that I've always known that and believed that the first thing is that we're all unworthy of God's grace, but the second thing is that it's amazing grace that we are all allowed to share. My hope is and my belief is that is that on balance I will meet the teset. But, once again, that will be a decision that God will make on the course of my life and I hope that decision and pray that decision is one that what I believe is true is true. But, you know, we are all yet to know that eternal truth."

So which one said which?

Answers to be revealed next week.

6 Comments:

At 9.9.06, Blogger Nephos said...

a - Roman Catholic
b - Southern Baptist (I hope)
c - United Methodist

 
At 11.9.06, Blogger Brett said...

Sorry, Cameron. 0-fer.

 
At 21.9.06, Blogger Nephos said...

Wow! I really missed that one. Do I get a mulligan?
:)

 
At 22.9.06, Blogger Brett said...

Sure...mulligan granted! Go for it!

 
At 2.10.06, Blogger Nephos said...

OK...here goes.

a - Southern Baptist (Clinton?)
b - United Methodist (Bush?)
c - Roman Catholic (Kerry?)

My responses were based on these candidates.

 
At 2.10.06, Blogger Brett said...

Sorry again.

a) United Methodist.
b) Roman Catholic. Identifies himself as Roman Catholic but his wife is Southern Baptist and he goes to church with her most of the time.
c) Southern Baptist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home